Why should I pray for my pastor?
1 The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. 2 Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 31 Timothy 3:1-7
nota drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive,5 for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God’s church? 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.
What should I pray for my pastor?
- Pray he would stay above reproach.
- Pray he would be faithful to his wife.
- Pray he would be balanced.
- Pray for his ability to clearly teach the Bible.
- Pray for protection for his children.
- Pray for his protection from outside and from within.
- Pray for his reputation and witness to the community.
When should I pray for my pastor?
Set your alarm. I am challenging you today to pray for your pastor and his family 5 minutes every day for the next month!
Pastor Larry Humberd is an overseer of Pure Word Church. He is the pastor at Lehigh Valley Grace Brethren Church.